2018 Summer Film Festival
Taking Film Submissions for
Short Film Festival Now
See below for Entry Information and Submission Forms
We invite aspiring and seasoned filmmakers to submit films to the Short Film Festival.
The Film Festival is an outdoor event that will hold its screenings at Crocker Park and Abbot Public Library during the 53rd celebration of the Marblehead Festival of Arts. The premiere screening will be Sunday, July 1st at 9:00 pm at the stunningly beautiful Crocker Park. A second showing is at the Abbot Public Library(235 Pleasant St., Marblehead), Tuesday, July 3rd at 10:30 am.
Films selected will be eligible for cash and other prizes. The selected films may also be screened at the Festival’s Winter Short Film Festival in February 2019.
- Film genres considered: Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Animation, Music Video
- Films must not exceed a 15 minute running time.
- Films should be produced within the past two years.
- Entries should be submitted on an online screener.
- Adult Division submissions include ages 19 and up. Student division includes youth and students to grade 12 and up to 18 years old.
- Adult submissions must be accompanied by an entry fee of $20 per film. There is no entry fee for students or youth.
- Submission deadline: Friday, April 20, 2018
Open to all Adults
Entry Fee: $20.00 per film
Best of Show: ribbon
Awards Adult Division
Best of Show: $125.00
Outstanding Work: $50.00
Honorable Mention: ribbon
People’s Choice: ribbon
How to Submit
All Adult submissions:
Required Fee: $20.00 per submission
Submit through Withoutabox Online or
MFoA Online. (online screeners preferred)
Withoutabox is world wide service for film festivals of all sizes. It provides film creators with a central depository of their films and provides Festival judges access to films for review.
All Student/Youth submissions:
Submit MFoA Online (Only)
Select Below to Submit Your Film