2019 Logo Contest
The Logo Contest for the 54th
Marblehead Festival of Arts is On!
Artists, graphic designers and all creative people, how about submitting an entry or two or three for the 2019 Marblehead Festival of Arts Logo Contest?
The winning logo will be used to symbolize the coming year’s Festival which will be held on July 4th – July 7th 2019.
This long-standing competition is as old as the Festival itself. From the entries, judges select fifteen to twenty designs as semifinalists. From this group, three finalists are chosen. During the month of December 2018, the public will vote to decide on their favorite logo at various locations around Marblehead. The winner, to be announced at the Logo Premiere Party in January 2019, will receive a prize of $150.
The winning logo has wide visibility on the 2019 Festival’s logo products—shirts, T-shirts, hats, wine glasses, and other memorabilia—available at the Festival’s Logo Store. The new logo also adorns Festival posters, the printed Festival Program, and the Festival Web site.
During the July 4th Festival weekend, the semifinalist and finalist designs are displayed at the Logo Exhibit at the Unitarian Universalist Church.
You must currently reside, work, be a student or a member of an Art Association in Essex County.
Your design must:
• represent the arts and/or the Town of Marblehead
• integrate the following text: Marblehead Festival of Arts July 4 – 7, 2019
• be original art
• contain NO copyrighted material & NO clip art
• be limited to two (2) Pantone solid (coated) colors
* black is a color; shades of the same color are two colors
*All fonts should be converted to outline
• be adaptable to both black & white and color print processes
• be adaptable to use on various colored backgrounds
• be legible fonts reproducible in a wide variety of sizes
• be adaptable to both screen printing and embroidery processes
• be mounted on 8” x 10” mat board (no other size accepted)
Include a copy of the entry form (other side or below) on the back of each entry.
How does this work?
All entries must be brought to Abbot Public Library, 235 Pleasant St, Marblehead, and must be received by Sunday, November 25th, 2018 at 5:00 pm
[Library closed Thurs/Fri. Nov 22/23, check website for hours]
Be sure to include your check (made out to MFoA) for the $10 per logo entry fee (max.3)
Selecting the Winning Logo
A panel of judges will select several finalists. The winner will be determined by a vote of the general public in December, 2018. The designer of the winning logo will receive a $150 cash prize, which will be awarded at the Logo Premiere in January, 2019. All submitted logos are the sole property of the Marblehead Festival of Arts, Inc.
The Finalists will be required to submit ‘digital formatted’ copies, immediately after judging.