In 2015, the MFoA will be celebrating our 50th Festival! For this year only, the submission requirements have changed to reflect the special nature of this anniversary. Entries can include up to three spot colors and need to include the text “50th Marblehead Festival of Arts”.
“This is an exciting opportunity for area artists to do something fresh and different” said Logo Contest Committee Chair Lucille Grant , “We are really looking forward to seeing what folks will come up with. In order to submit a Logo to be considered You must reside in, work in, or be a member of an arts association in Essex County.
Your design must:
- represent the arts and/or the town of Marblehead
- Be accompanied by a @10 entry fee.
- include the following information
50th Marblehead Festival of Arts
July 2–5, 2015
- be limited to three Pantone solid/spot colors
(black is a color, two shades of a color is two colors)
- be adaptable to black & white and color print processes
- be legible in a wide variety of sizes
- be adaptable to screen printing and embroidery processes
- be original art
- contain no copyrighted material or clip art
- be mounted on 8″ x 10″ board (no other size accepted)
- include your name, postal address, phone, email address Pantone color information
- and Font name and foundry (ex: Adobe Garamond semi bold) on the back of each entry.
- Also include the $10 fee for each logo entered (check please)
Since the logo may be used on a colored background, it should be designed with this possibility in mind. No more than two (2) entries are allowed per applicant. No copyrighted designs will be accepted. The winning entry will become the sole property of the Marblehead Festival of Arts, Inc.
Deadline: Sunday, October 26, 2014, 5:00 PM
All entries should be dropped off at Abbot Public Library, 235 Pleasant Street, Marblehead 01945.
Artists creating their designs digitally are requested (but not required) to also provide the Festival with copies of their files, which may be submitted on CDs that accompany their printed entries.
A panel of judges will select several finalists. The winner will be determined by a vote of the general public. The winner will be announced at a Logo Premiere party in January. The designer of the winning logo will receive a $150 cash prize.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.